We have experienced an issue where previously released builds of Mekorma are not compatible with recent Microsoft KB and .Net Framework updates.
If you can rollback these updates, you may be able to hold off upgrading in a production environment while maintaining a block of the updates. We would recommend this approach in order to sign off in a test environment before upgrading production.
Three common behaviors you may encounter exhibiting this problem include:
• Warning: “Unhandled object exception: Invalid number of parameters” upon login, printing or exiting.
• Warning: “Unhandled object exception: The parameter is incorrect” upon login, printing or exiting.
• Security warning stating users are not authorized to print out of checkbooks while using checkbook security; a warning intended for user-based security..
**There may be other types of unexpected behaviors we’ve not yet observed and documented**
From what we have been able to determine the following Microsoft KB’s are associated with the .Net 4.7 Framework. Even though a system may not explicitly state .Net 4.7 is installed, if any of the KB’s have been loaded then effectively the system will not be compatible with older Mekorma products not intended for use in .Net 4.7. Unreported KB’s may also conflict.
We know the following Microsoft KB updates are in conflict with older Mekorma build levels:
If you decide to upgrade to ensure compatibility on the workstation in question, all Mekorma instances on all workstations will need to be upgraded in order to achieve required matching build level.
To download and install the Mekorma build that is supported for your GP version. please visit our download page: https://www.mekorma.com/support/downloads.aspx.
Note, if the client runs GP 2013 PRIOR to R2, please install the B210NETFRAMEWORK build located in the GP 2013 RTM folder here: https://www.mekorma.com/support/downloads/archive-of-builds.aspx.
You do not need to uninstall the current Mekorma version. Running the new build over the existing one will achieve this. After installing and logging into GP as SA, you will be prompted to run the Mekorma Table Maintenance routine.
Please keep in mind the following to ensure a smooth upgrade:
1. Have all users out of GP while running the upgrade process.
2. Login as Admin on the target install machine,
3. Run the installer exe with the "run as admin" option.
4. After installing, launch GP using "run as admin" option.